Conversations

Photo of Bruce B
Network Down?
Is the network down? None of my Neo sims are reporting and all I see is a red check with 'Some Units Are Having Issues' Please Advise ASAP!
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of ERobishaw
Every one of my devices on NEO is down...
At about 12:23AM, CST all my NEO connected devices lost connectivity and have not been back. Network status shows "some services are hav...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Bruce B
Incoming SMS Gateway/Number
During programming the Queclink device I'm using is asking for an SMS Gateway (Phone Number) to accept SMS messages from and send confirm...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Bruce B
Device Won't Connect To Network
I'm trying to connect a Queclink device to my servers using an Aeris SIM which has been provisioned. The APN is correctly programmed into...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Bruce B
Keep Getting AerFrame Error Code 34...
I keep getting AerFrame Error Code 34 when I try to send an SMS to one specific device. ICCID ends with 0005193. I've cleared the regis...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Bruce B
Suspended SIMS Still Reporting
I suspended several sims this weekend because the units they're installed in began over-reporting, but they're still sending data and I'm...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of ERobishaw
batch / bulk editing
It does not look like there is a way to batch edit a bunch of SIMS. It would be super handy if the dashboard could take a CSV file and b...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Ryan Bowerman
I have a pool of 8918 SIM's that I am using on 2G devices. Will these SIM's work on 3G devices as well?
I have a pool of 8918 SIM's that I am using on 2G devices. Will these SIM's work on 3G devices as well? the 2G devices include some Quecl...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Bruce B
Monthly Invoices in PDF?
I'm aware of the ability to download the monthly billing data in CSV reports, but they're extremely confusing.  Is there a way to downlo...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of ERobishaw
invoices
I cannot see monthly invoices on the portal. I go to Reports >> MOnthly The little green ajax box pops up and says "Loading Invoices..."...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Bruce B
AerFrame ErrorCode 34
When attempting to send an SMS to several sims on our account from the diagnostic screen (most recently the sim ending 01335) I'm getting...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Bruce B
Service Coverage
I can't connect to the network at all from my current location, but the coverage map says I should have full coverage. Zip code is 33579...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered