+PDP: DEACT ERROR for three consecutive days

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
I'm using SIMCOM's SIM800L modem with 2G GSM. While the application works to send device data every two hours, last Friday 3/31 it stopped sending data. Upon debugging I found out that the GPRS connection was being refused by T-mobile. On Saturday and Sunday we only got one success packet of data but this morning it has been working flawlessly again. This problem has happened before and I'm concerned about the quality of your 2G service. Occasional downtime is ok but 3 days of downtime is not that great. Even though the service is working now I'd like to get to the bottom of it. I looked at the QoS using a phone app for t-mobile and it was all good (-80db). I also relocated our device to a spot with very good signal but to no avail. I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. Can you find out from T-mobile if there was a known issue in their service over the weekend (that would give me some relief)?

Here is some info on our device:
CID:89185000160629153037

 My application uses the below code (problem highlighted):

-->AT+CIPSHUT<---[AT+CIPSHUT

SHUT OK]

-->AT+CREG?
<---[AT+CREG?

+CREG: 0,5
OK]
-->AT+CGACT?
<---[AT+CGACT?

+CGACT: 1,0
+CGACT: 2,0
+CGACT: 3,0

OK]


-->AT+CMEE=1
<---[AT+CMEE=1

OK]

-->AT+CGATT=1
<---[AT+CGATT=1

OK]

-->AT+CSTT="neo.iot.net"
<---[AT+CSTT="neo.iot.net"

OK]

-->AT+CIICR
<---[AT+CIICR
+PDP: DEACT
ERROR

-->AT+CIICR
<---[AT+CIICR

+CME ERROR: 3
]

-->AT+CIICR
<---[AT+CIICR

+CME ERROR: 3
]

-->AT+CIICR
<---[AT+CIICR

+CME ERROR: 3
]

-->AT+CIFSR
<---[AT+CIFSR

+CME ERROR: 3
]

-->AT+CIPSTART="TCP","thmlistenerservice.cloudapp.net","8501"
<---[AT+CIPSTART="TCP","thmlistenerservice.cloudapp.net","8501"

+CME ERROR: 3
]
<---[]

AT+CIPSEND=107
-->AT+CIPSEND=107
<---[AT+CIPSEND=107

+CME ERROR: 3
]
Photo of Nayab Khan

Nayab Khan

  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

  • 1
Photo of Abraham Fuentes

Abraham Fuentes, Official Rep

  • 61 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Nayab,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with our product. However, I am not seeing your reported problem, I took a look at the device traffic detail report from your device and can see data sessions throughout the referenced days.

Please log into the Neo portal and run a "Create reports" from the devices tab for your referenced days (3/31/2017 - 04/02/2017) and you can confirm what I am seeing.



Should you require additional assistance please let us know or visit our Frequently Asked Questions at: http://neo.aeris.com/faq or create a new post on this Neo community forum. 

Regards,
Neo Support
Photo of Igal Goldsmith

Igal Goldsmith

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey @Nayab,

Did you solve the problem? I am facing a similar situation. My devices are connecting to the GSM network but are unable to transmit data over GPRS...keep getting the PDP DEACT error for several days, this is happening on devices that were working perfectly and for some reason cannot reconnect.   Let me know if you solved it.

In our case I discovered today that by sending FORMAT  by SMS will reset to factory settings and then you must restart the device, after some time (maybe an hour or more...or less..has varied) the connection is reestablished. Our devices reply to the SMS confirming the format command, after that they have reestablished the connection.

Let me know if you were able to fix it and how.

Cheers!
(Edited)