401 Unauthorized when trying to create an SMS application in REST API

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
I get a "401 Unauthorized" error when I attempt to Create and SMS Application in the Chrome Advanced REST Client.

I have double(triple)-checked the account number and API key.  The device has been registered and I have successfully sent SMS to device.  The device still says "Never established data session", but I have no way of knowing why without being able to see an SMS response from the Devices screen (which is why I need to create an AerFrame App).

If you would like to see screenshots/screencast showing EXACTLY what I am doing I would be happy to oblige.

Please advise.
Photo of Michael Dresslar

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Bob H, is this a question for which the community is supposed to provide an answer?

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK.  After trying 5-6 times with the same 401 error, it just worked.  Guess I'll give the Pope credit for this one.
Photo of Bob Heckmann

Bob Heckmann, Official Rep

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,

I believe there was an anomaly in the back-end process that registers your account for API access. I ran a script that should have cleared that up. Please try the AerFrame process again.

Regards,
Bob

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Bob.  See above post crediting the Pope.  Rescinding said accreditation and assigning miracle to you.  I'll notify The Vatican.

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Created Notification Channel without issue.  Getting 401 again on Create Inbound (MO) SMS Subscription. Can you work your magic again?
Photo of Reuben P

Reuben P

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I believe the anomaly is recurring again for me - trying to set up Create SMS Application and receiving the same 401 error message

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Bob?  Same error on Create Inbound (MO) SMS Subscription.

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Don't know what happened this time ... worked again after 20 or so tries, over a period of several hours.  Moving on. 
(Edited)

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Surprise!  401 Authorization error on Create Outbound SMS Delivery Info Subscription.
Photo of Bob Heckmann

Bob Heckmann, Official Rep

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Michael,

Please provide your REST client screen shots so we have something to review.

Regards,
Bob

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Here you go ... with APIKey and AccountID visible in case that would be the next question.

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm in Bob.  AccountID typo.  Thanks.