401 Unauthorized when trying to create an SMS application in REST API

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
I am getting 401 Unauthorized on REST API. I saw another post similar to this but it was resolved outside of the support forum. Can somebody help?
Photo of Sherman Lilly

Sherman Lilly

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Bob Heckmann

Bob Heckmann, Official Rep

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Sherman,

Thanks for the question. It sounds like you encountered "HTTP Error 401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials".

In AerFrame that error typically occurs when the JSON request in the REST client has some error (i.e. you've supplied some information that isn't correct, like invalid account ID or invalid API key or something like that).

In order for anyone to help determine the incorrect value(s) you'll need to supply screen shots of your request / response screens.

Regards,
Bob
Photo of Reuben P

Reuben P

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Similar problem Bob, here's my screen shot
Photo of Bob Heckmann

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Ruben,

Please include the upper portion of your REST client screen so we can verify the information entered in the request.

Regards,
Bob
Photo of Bob Heckmann

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Reuben,

We found the root cause and enabled your access to the API. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Bob
Photo of Bob Heckmann

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Sherman,

The resolution of your screen shot is pretty low. Please provide one with higher resolution so all the characters can be clearly read.

Regards,
Bob
Photo of Sherman Lilly

Sherman Lilly

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
If you click on the image its very clear
Photo of Bob Heckmann

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Sherman,

Our Engineering team is troubleshooting the issue to identify the root cause. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Bob
Photo of Sherman Lilly

Sherman Lilly

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Its replying "201 Created" now. I guess its working. I will try in my application now. Thanks for the help.
Photo of Bob Heckmann

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update Sherman. We found the root cause that was blocking your access and corrected it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bob
Photo of Amishi Sharma

Amishi Sharma

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Bob,

I am also facing above mention problem. When I call rest api i get '401 unauthorized access'. Please tell how we can resolve this problem ?

Thanks