AerFrame ErrorCode 5

• Problem
  • Updated 12 months ago

Having trouble getting this project off the ground. It is an OBD2 GPS unit, which I've noticed has quite a few posts in the community.

I was having trouble connecting with the unit, so I tried connecting with an unlocked Android phone without a problem. Moved it back into the gps unit, cleared the registration, and tried connecting again -- still problems.

The interface for sending commands to the unit is sms. I've tried using a cell phone to do this, but I understand that, in order to talk to the sim, it must be done with the api or "send sms" button. When I try setting the APN using the "send sms" in the portal, it gives me the error code in the title of this post: AerFrame ErrorCode 5.

My assumption of what the problem is: the device needs to be told that these commands are coming from a qualified source. In the instructions which come with the device it says that the first step is to set the center number, which in turn becomes the number which can control the device from. And when looking into that a bit, it seems that there's no center number which I can tell the device (because there is no originating number?).

Does this all seem correct? And does this mean that I'll be unable to use these sim cards in this device?
Photo of Kevin Dale

Kevin Dale

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Abraham Fuentes

Abraham Fuentes, Official Rep

• 64 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Kevin ,

Have  you been able to set up the  Aerframe API properly?
Also, if you continue to have problems please confirm the last 6 digits of ICCID card for us.

Thanks,
Photo of Bob Heckmann

Bob Heckmann, Official Rep

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the post. Please power cycle your device (wait approximately five minutes before powering back on) and provide the time stamp. We'd like to do some additional log traces after you do that.

Regards,
Bob
Photo of Abraham Fuentes

Abraham Fuentes, Official Rep

• 64 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Kevin,

Based on our dashboard I can see that the suspected device in question "...149816" has successfully completed all authorized functions (Packet Session, SMS-MT & SMS-MO). Based on this activity we are considering this inquiry resolved.
If you have additional questions or concerns please fee free to begin a new post.

Regards & Thanks for using Aeris.
Photo of guillaume poudrier

guillaume poudrier

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Gentlemen,

I encounter  approximatly the same problem.

I try to send sms for two OBD2 in Africa via the the Aeris plateform :

Device / Device Operations / Send SMS.

What i need to had in my code for it's accepted by our system ?

Thx in advance,