cannot connect to network

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I am using the aeris sim on an embedded system with a Geecom Sim900 based arduino expansion board. I can communicate with the device over usb/uart, and am able to send and receive AT commands, but I cannot connect to the network. I am able to see the AT&T network, but the automatic network registration returns an error CME ERROR:30 (network not available) I checked the coverage map and I am well within a 3g area. Any ideas?
Photo of Jared

Jared

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Bob Heckmann

Bob Heckmann, Official Rep

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Jared,

Thanks for the question. Please provide the address from which the device is attempting to connect so I can review coverage options.

Regards,
Bob
Photo of Jared

Jared

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The street address? It's in Rexburg, ID.
Photo of Bob Heckmann

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Jared,

What is the SIM's ICCID or IMSI?

Regards,
Bob
Photo of Jared

Jared

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ICCID: 89185013121700621495 IMSI: 204043396062250
Photo of Bob Heckmann

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Thanks for the information Jared. My team is investigating the possibility your radio module doesn't allow roaming on the Neo network. Please issue the following AT commands and post the results to each one so we can investigate further:

AT+CGMI

AT+CGMM

AT+CGMR

AT+CGSN

AT+CIMI

AT+GSN

AT+GMR

AT+GMI

AT+GMM

Regards,
Bob
Photo of Jared

Jared

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Here's the input and output requested:

AT+CGMI

SIMCOM_Ltd

OK
AT+CGMM

SIMCOM_SIM900

OK
AT+CGMR

Revision:1137B03SIM900M64_ST_ENHANCE

OK
AT+CGSN

OK
AT+CIMI

OK
AT+GSN

OK
AT+GMR

Revision:1137B03SIM900M64_ST_ENHANCE

OK
AT+GMI

SIMCOM_Ltd

OK
AT+GMM

SIMCOM_SIM900

OK
Photo of Bob Heckmann

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes

Hi Jared,

Thanks for providing the AT command information. We have isolated the problem you’re experiencing to a batch of SIMs that were configured incorrectly during manufacturing and mistakenly shipped to our order fulfillment center. We’ve recalled those SIMs from the fulfillment center and will send you a new batch of properly configured SIMs today with next day delivery, at no cost to you. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience you’ve experienced.

Regards,

Bob

Photo of Jared

Jared

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for your quick response on this matter, will I need to cancel the sims that I currently have registered, or will that occur automatically as I transition to the new batch?
Photo of Bob Heckmann

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Jared,

No need for you to do anything. The SIMs you currently have will be canceled.

On a related note, it would be helpful to us in reference to some testing we're doing in our lab if you could issue the following AT command to your device and let us know the result:

AT+COPS=1,2,”310026”

This command should force your device to camp on T-Mobile. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,
Bob
Photo of Jared

Jared

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
AT+COPS=1,2,"310026"

+CME ERROR: 30

Hopefully that helps.
Photo of Jared

Jared

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Bob,

Could I get a tracking number for the SIMs that where shipped? I haven't received anything in the mail and nothing has changed on my account. I'd really like to continue working on this project as soon as possible.
Photo of Jared

Jared

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Never mind, I spoke too soon, they just came. But when I go to the dashboard page there isn't a place to enter the code for the new set of SIMs. Does this need to be reset on your end or is there something else I need to do to be able to activate them?
Photo of Jared

Jared

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Bob, after receiving the new batch of SIMs, I am still having trouble getting it to connect to the network, Any other ideas?? My attempts to register the device or to set it in automatic mode always get the response of +CME ERROR: 30 (no network service) But AT+COPS? shows several networks: +COPS: (3,"AT&T","AT&T","310410"),,(0,1,4),(0,1,2)
Photo of Bob Heckmann

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Jared,

We see your device registering on our network, as shown in this screen shot.

Regards,
Bob