Issue connecting via SIM900 + Arduino

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
I am working on a project that involves using a arduino to communicate via a SIM900 using a aeris SIM card. Thus far I have been unable to establish a connection for the registration or data sessions after powering the device with the SIM card properly inserted. I was wondering if there is a particular line of code that I need to establish this connection and if someone can point me in the right direction or provide me with some resources to help me establish the connection. I have never attempted any GSM connections so I apologize if this is a simple problem but as of the time being I am not sure what I am supposed to do. Thank you.
Photo of Evan Truman

Evan Truman

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Bob Heckmann

Bob Heckmann, Official Rep

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Evan,

Thanks for the question. In looking at your account I see that your SIMs haven't been assigned yet. Please follow the process outlined under Get Started in our Support section and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Bob
Photo of Evan Truman

Evan Truman

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

That may be a problem if its showing that I haven't assigned my SIM's yet because I used the codes a while back but and it tells me they are assigned and I should have one of them provisioned as well but if the system isn't recognizing that they've been assigned that would cause some issue I'm sure.
Photo of Bob Heckmann

Bob Heckmann, Official Rep

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Evan,

I see the assigned SIMs in your account now. When a device doesn't register on the network it's quite often the result of not having the correct APN. We have tutorials that demonstrate programming the APN in a Telit module and an unlocked Android handset, which may be helpful to you in confirming you're using the correct APN in your device. 

You'll find the tutorials here.

Regards,
Bob