Micro 2G Sim will not register on digikey-neo.aeris.com.

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
Micro 2G Sim will not register on digikey-neo.aeris.com.  I have tried 1. Clearing registration on portal 2. Cycling my GPS tracking device. What else can be tried?
Photo of JARED RUONALA

JARED RUONALA

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Matthew Gilmartin

Matthew Gilmartin

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jared, I'm Matt with NEO support.  Are you receiving any error messages, or can you tell me at what point in the registration process is the failure occurring?
Photo of JARED RUONALA

JARED RUONALA

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The sim card has been included in inventory, provisioned and assigned. This is as far as I am able to get. Using the utility to clear the registration and cycling my GPS tracker has had no effect. I am considering whether the card needs to be re-setup on the network. 

Matthew Gilmartin

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jared,
Can you send me the ICCID # from the card?
Photo of JARED RUONALA

JARED RUONALA

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I have also tried the following SMS command:
1:00:54 PM$ sendsms 89185000150914096595 'GPRS123456 APN123456 neo.iot.net'
Send MT-SMS accepted. Operation in progress
Send MT-SMS in progress
Send MT-SMS failed. Cause: AerFrame ErrorCode -9

Matthew Gilmartin

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jared,
Yes, I see it has not registered.  Did you program the device with the APN neo.iot.net?
It needs to be in a coverage area, as well (obviously).  If these steps don't work, I can open a ticket with AT&T and see where the exact registration problem is occurring.

Thanks,
Matt
Photo of JARED RUONALA

JARED RUONALA

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The Popsky GPS tracker documentation provides an app store download of LKGPS. This app has a send commands through SMS function. However, the SMS message results in an error message that says SMS does not have android permission UID 10344. This is why I have tried the send SMS function of the Devices page of the digikey-neo.aeris portal. Unfortunately, I have not gotten a receipt showing the APN for the GPS tracker has been setup yet.

Please proceed with requesting a support ticket with ATT to resolve the registration and data session issues.

Matthew Gilmartin

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Jared, if the APN has not been programmed into the device it will not work.  SMS from the portal will not work if the device is not registered on the network first.  There would be no point in opening a ticket with AT&T or any other carrier if the device is not configured correctly.  That Android permission sounds like an issue with the OS/Hardware.  I'd suggest opening a ticket with the manufacturer and tell them you need to program the APN neo.iot.net to it.

Thanks,
Matt
Photo of JARED RUONALA

JARED RUONALA

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have to conclude that the device is not compatible with the digikey-neo Micro 2G sim card. I would like to request to return the product for a refund.

Matthew Gilmartin

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jared,

I'm sorry to hear you'll be returning it.  YOu can log into your Digi-Key account and follow the instructions for returning the SIM card.

Matt