Programming APN in SIM900

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I'm using an Android SIM900 prototype board, but connected directly to a PC (no android) through a USB serial link, and I'm using the http://m2msupport.net/m2msupport/module-tester/ as a front end, which I've found is an excellent tool.
I'm using a SIM which was activated as Provision several days ago and upgraded to Bill a few hours ago.  It's ICCID: 89185014080500002505
I found no SIM900 AT command to program the SIM with the APN, but I noticed that the response to the AT+CGDCONT? command was:
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","aer05.aerisapn.net","0.0.0.0",0,0
so the APN must have already been programmed in the SIM

However, when I try to attach to the network I get a 133 error which indicates "requested service option not subscribed" which seems to indicate a SIM problem.

Can you provide any suggestions so that I can attach and transfer data...
Thanks....
Photo of Ben Cooper

Ben Cooper

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Bob Heckmann

Bob Heckmann, Official Rep

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Ben,

Thanks for posting this question. Your SIM cards are associated with a different APN than the one in your example. Please retry the AT command using the following APN:

neo.iot.net

Our online tutorial shows the APN you referenced in your post. We're in the process of revising the tutorial to reflect the neo.iot.net APN and apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Bob