Registration/Clear Registration activity

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
Hi,

I have a few linux-based units out in the field that utilize a SIM800 modem. I am having trouble getting two of them to reliable transmit data for me and am wondering if you can check logs for one of them to help understand why. The two that don't work are in roughly the same physical location, so that might have something to do with it. Last 4 of the ICCID for one of them is x4334. If you need the entire ICCID I can supply it.

What I am seeing on the Diagnostics page is what appears to be an unusual amount of Registration/Clear Registration activity for the ICCID in question...every few hours the network seems to clear the registration and reregister. Is this normal? None of the units move...they stay stationary at all times.

I have another device (same setup, Linux-based w/ SIM800 modem) that does not show the unusual registration activity and transmits reliably. The only difference is that it is in a different physical location (but also stays stationary).

Hope that all makes sense! Any help looking into this is much appreciated! If you need other details, let me know and I will reply with them.

Thanks,

Eric
Photo of Eric Carpenter

Eric Carpenter

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Jesse Hamus

Jesse Hamus, Official Rep

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Eric,

Thanks for posting.  I would like to investigate this from a network coverage perspective and rule this out first.  Stand by while we work to validate coverage in the area.

Kind regards,

NEO Support Team
Photo of Eric Carpenter

Eric Carpenter

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the reply Jesse. I have replied to another email I received from Aeris with some follow up info (full ICCID, etc.), but am not sure it was received by you. If I am supposed to reply another way, please let me know.

Thanks!
Eric