tk102

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
How to start a data session with a TK102 tracker?
Photo of enrico cadorin

enrico cadorin

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of enrico cadorin

enrico cadorin

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have bougth a 3G SIM and the minimum service plan to experiment with a TK102.
I assume its "phone" number is the MSISDN that appears in the device details window.
I use an iphone to send SMS to that number; alternatively , I also tried sending SMS from the web interface (diagnostics page).
I have never seen any replies (neither on the iphone nor on the web interface).
When I send the reset message (begin123456) I see the TK102's light go on for a while indicating that the TK102 is booting up. This happens both when I use the iphone and the web interface.
I then send the SMS to set the APN (apn123456 neo.iot.net).
When I use the web interface I see all SMS messages being delivered successfully.
I think I have successfully set the APN (by sending an SMS through the web interface).
Now, to establish a data session I need to give the TK102 an IP address.  But It looks like I get an IP address from the AERIS network only after I have set up a data session!
How do I solve this chicken-or-egg problem?

Also, it seems that the AERIS network does not support SMS sent from the the device: is this a feature? or a bug? or did I pick the wrong SIM and plan?

Thanks for helping!

Photo of Surbhit Saxena

Surbhit Saxena

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi,

We have received your case. We would request you to provide the MSISDN and your email address to troubleshoot further.

Regards,
Ankita
Photo of enrico cadorin

enrico cadorin

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Ankita,
Thanks for looking at my case.
How can I send that information privately?
Enrico
Photo of Surbhit Saxena

Surbhit Saxena

• 42 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Enrico,

Please provide details via email on support@aeris.net and also mention that it as "Required information for ticket 63094".

Regards,
Ankita