Tracker TK102 needs Admin IP Address and Port

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
My TK102 Tracker device needs to have an IP Address and Port number to use GPRS function.  Can I point to an IP/Port on your system?  Here is the relevant documentation.  Please advise.
--
5.19 GPRS setting

In order to use GPRS function, the user needs to set IP, Port and APN ( access point name ) by

either cell phone, or our PC software.

5.19.1 Set an IP address and port:

Setup: Send SMS adminip+123456+space+IP address+space+port.

If setup successful, the tracker will reply SMS adminip ok

Cancel: Send SMS noadminip+123456

Photo of Michael Dresslar

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just got this working with the TK102, the Aeris Sim and network, using a web-based tracking service and their APN and web app ... if that helps.  

Since I'm building my own app (and new business) around this project, I would really like to use the complete Aeris service.  Really like the speed and flexibility that the AerFrame API provides.  It has worked very well so far, and I like the JSON implementation.

If you guys could just get me over this last hump, I could start building out a significant beta program.  Or, if it can't be done, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Photo of Vaibhav Mareddy

Vaibhav Mareddy, Official Rep

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Michael,

When you set the APN through terminal or SMS, the device should attach to the network and its assigned an IP address. The IP address can be viewed on the Dashboard or recent transactions or AT commands(check manual for your specific device) is this what you are looking for?

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have no terminal access (that I'm aware of) on this TK102, but this has not been my experience.  I have never seen an IP address show up on my dashboard.  I will try again now though.

Just to expedite things, if this DOES make the IP show up, where would I find the port? 

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK.  Here are the results.  The IP address DOES indeed show in the transactions list, but not on the dashboard on top.

Two things:  There is no port, and there are 2 different IP addresses.  Ideas?

Photo of Vaibhav Mareddy

Vaibhav Mareddy, Official Rep

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Michael,

From what I see you have been able to transfer data to/from device, network assigns dynamic IP address to device when started and same is released when stopped. Hence you see multiple in the transactions.

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dynamic IP addresses will not work for this device (to my knowledge.)  It needs to have an IP and port to send an SMS that isn't a direct response message (i.e. setting a property.)

Does that make sense?  If so, where does that leave us?  I've got a client who wants a thousand of these.

Have there been no clients who have used this type of tracker on your network/API?  It's very popular.  Please let me know what can be done here, or, as importantly, if there is no more support to be had, or if you know it won't work.

Thanks for your help.
Photo of Bob Heckmann

Bob Heckmann, Official Rep

• 349 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Michael,

The Neo connectivity service doesn't support static IP addresses. However, we have other connectivity options that do. One of my colleagues will contact you today to help determine the best option for your solution.

Regards,
Bob

Michael Dresslar

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Bob.